Lane Library and the Learning Commons will be closed on Monday, September 1st. We hope you have a safe and pleasant Labor Day holiday.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
Brand new this semester - printing with WEPA! This printing system, available in both Lane Library and the Learning Commons, provides convenience and speed.
With WEPA, you can:
- Print to any WEPA printer from any of our workstations
- Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org from your own computer, whether on or off campus
- Use the WEPA app to send printouts from your mobile device
- Print directly from your USB flash drive, right at the WEPA kiosk
- Upload your document after logging in to wepanow.com
- Print in either black & white or color
- Print either single sided pages (simplex) or double sided (duplex)
- Email or upload your documents 24/7 and then pick them up within the next 96 hours
The WEPA printers operate with a touchscreen and have multiple payment options:
- Use your Pirate cash. The first time you must "tag" your Pirate Card at a WEPA station
- Deposit funds into a WEPA account, either online or at the kiosk ($5 minimum)
- Credit or debit card, either online or at the kiosk
Please keep in mind that if you create a WEPA account, any money added can only be used for WEPA printing. WEPA charges a $0.48 surcharge for adding funds at the kiosk (rather than online) and for using a credit or debit card.
- When you email a document to email@example.com, the default is black and white, single sided. If you want color printouts, type the word "color" in the first line in the body of your email. If you want duplex printing, type "duplex" in the body of the email. If you want both color and duplex, type "color, duplex" in your email.
- When you print something from a workstation, a "release code" will pop up on your screen. You can save time by typing in the release code at the WEPA kiosk to retrieve your document.
- Your account is not charged until your printout is complete.
- You can login at the kiosk with your AD (Active Directory) username and password.
- If printing a web page, make sure the pop ups are not blocked.
- When the WEPA printing window appears on your workstation, type in your AD username WITHOUT the "stu". Students, this means you type in firstname.lastname@example.org, NOT email@example.com.
- Specialty printing (resume paper, card stock, transparencies, color paper) is not available.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
A free special collection on the Ebola Virus is now available. Research and news articles from the journals Science and Science Translational Medicine have been curated to provide current information. Given the widespread outbreak of this viral disease, this special collection is an excellent source for learning about the Ebola Virus.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Monday, June 30, 2014
Monday, June 23, 2014
Here are the latest Popular Reading books available to check out from Lane Library:
- We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo
- This Town: Two Parties and a Funer - Plus Plenty of Valet Parking! - In America's Gilded Capital by Mark Leibovich
- The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- Dear Life: Stories by Alice Munro
- The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton